1. Saturday Night Live pushed the envelope last night with a mock trailer for fake film White Christmas, a Tyler Perry-esque movie with a white cast.
3. It was “everything you’d expect from a black holiday movie, but with white people in it,” the voice-over said.
4. “Women snapping peas…”
5. “A gun-toting grandma…”
6. “…and a guy wearing a necklace over a turtleneck.”
7. “The Macklemore of movies,” Essence magazine said in the trailer.
8. Though the skit had its moments, not everyone was comfortable with the subject matter, which has been contested this year.
oh wow i am kind of insanely offended by white christmas on snl. and thats really hard to do. #SNL
is it me or is this “White Christmas” skit THE MOST uncomfortable skit SNL has ever had
Yikes! The “White Christmas” SNL spoof is making me really uncomfortable. Perhaps I’m too uptight but…
12. The irony was only enhanced by the fact that SNL has come under fire this year for their lack of minority cast members, especially women.
14. Leave it to Jay Pharoah to say what everyone is thinking:
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.