While some people feel having kids is the key to a fulfilled life, others believe they can have just as much fulfillment without it. Here, a few reasons people have chosen to live their life sans children:
1. Because they're not sure if they can trade in one love for another:
2. Because people can grow up to be, er, unpleasant:
3. Because they don't want their past to follow them into parenthood:
4. Because sometimes love has a limit:
5. Because their insecurities distract them:
6. Because life isn't always perfect:
7. Because sometimes we're disproportionate:
8. Because trying might reveal something terrifying:
9. Because it can change you — emotionally and physically:
10. Because there's a chance they'll get your worst genes:
11. Because it's totally bizarre when you think hard about it:
12. Because it doesn't rank in their priorities:
13. Because going at it alone seems impossible:
14. Because everything would change:
15. Because it's hard to be good with kids:
16. Because they love themselves too much:
17. Because the world they would be born into is becoming frightening:
Visit Whisper for more confessions.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.