1. Visitors to Chicago’s Lollapalooza music festival got a surprise “celebrity” sighting over the weekend when Malia Obama showed up for Sunday’s Chance the Rapper show, flanked by two plainclothes guards and three friends.
3. Festival-goers tweeted excitedly about seeing the tall 15-year-old during the set, with many praising her floral fashion sense.
6. Though she was spotted in a selfie with one attendee, she politely declined a request from another.
8. But others were excited just to get a peek at the First Daughter.
12. I think it’s time to make Malia the Secretary of Fun Teens.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀