1. This is 24-year-old Claire Leeson, who became obsessed with reality star Kim Kardashian after she was allegedly bullied about her looks.
“I was badly bullied at school and it took me two years to realize that I wasn’t [what the bullies were calling me],” she said. “I was told every day that I was the ‘ugliest thing alive’ and I should ‘kill myself.’”
3. The London resident became obsessed with Kim K. in 2009 after she watched the family’s reality show and realized she had the same number of sisters as Kardashian.
5. Leeson told ITV This Morning that over time she eventually spent about $30,000 trying to emulate the star, including a boob job, teeth whitening, hair extensions, nails, spray tans, makeup, butt pads, shoes, and clothes.
7. Though she wears padding to mimic one of the most famous derrieres in Hollywood, Leeson is planning on soon having fat removed from other parts of her body and put into her butt.
9. Her family worries about her choices, but she said they eventually got used to her obsession.
“…when I look at Kim I’m not fully confident inside of myself … my nan, my mum and my stepdad are worried — but they are so used to it by now that it’s an everyday thing,” she said.
11. Leeson, who gets paid to impersonate Kim, admitted she’s in debt “up to my eyeballs,” and receives threatening letters from bailiffs that she ignores.
“I work, my job doesn’t pay enough … I’ve used credit cards to pay for everything. I’m in major debt. I say that I’m going to pay them but as soon as money comes in I just think about getting my Kimmy on.”
13. But it’s all been worth it, Leeson says.
“When I get my Kimmy on I feel like I’m unstoppable and untouchable and I feel like no one can stop me and I can make something of myself,” she said. “I feel strong… and I feel that I have built enough confidence to love myself a little bit more.”
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈