1. Actor John Stamos has replied to a Huffington Post blogger who said ’90s television shows like Full House and Friends gave her unrealistic expectations about life.
3. In her post, blogger Annelia Alex wrote that lies she learned from “dumb TV” included that people will chase after you when you flee a situation, or that you will often be friends-with-benefits with a neighbor.
“By 14 I was bored by dumb sitcoms,” she wrote. “They were too far-fetched precisely because they were too predictable.”
5. Stamos refuted the writer’s comments on Facebook, telling Alex that if she has kids, “maybe you should have them watch re-runs of Breaking Bad- see how that turns out.”
Although he admitted they did some “silly, unrealistic stuff” on the show, the former Uncle Jesse finished his rant with a dig at the writer, saying, “i bet more good than bad came out of those shows. sorry it didn’t turn out that way for you annelia or you simply just weren’t bright enough to take the good from what we did and laugh at the rest.”
Alex also called out ’90s shows like Will & Grace and Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place (pictured).
7. Read Stamos’ full letter:
annelia, if you hadn’t watched those check mix shows like FULL HOUSE you wouldn’t have been open minded and bright enough to write an article like you just did- on the other hand - don’t blame the way your life turned out because of TGIF - if you’re lucky enough to have kids - maybe you should have them watch re-runs of Breaking Bad- see how that turns out. i get what you’re saying - i agree we did some silly unrealistic stuff-and maybe it’s not the way everyday families are today - ALTHOUGH - more so now then when we made the show - meaning, more broken families, same sex parents- let’s focus on that and not the unrealistic stuff - because the happiness that these shows have brought to peoples lives - i’ve felt that more first hand than i’m sure you have…. also - i bet more good than bad came out of those shows. sorry it didn’t turn out that way for you annelia or you simply just weren’t bright enough to take the good from what we did and laugh at the rest. JOHN STAMOS
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚