1. The people at FCKH8 have enlisted a few young ladies between the ages of 6 to 13 to get the word out about feminism and inequality between the sexes.
3. The girls are dressed as princesses, but once they open their mouths it’s pretty clear they’re anything but:
“What the fuck? I’m not some pretty fucking helpless princess in distress,” they shout.
5. The girls continue, “What is more offensive? A little girl saying ‘fuck’ or the fucking unequal and sexist way society treats girls and women?”
7. Words like “pay inequality” and “rape and violence” are more offensive than little girls with potty mouths, they say.
9. The girls also mention that sure, it’s great that women can vote, but equality’s next step is “walking to the car without fear.”
“Here’s a hot tip! Stop telling girls how to dress, and start teaching boys not to fucking rape.”
11. In one particularly jarring moment, the girls say that 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted or raped. “Which one of us will it be?” one asks.
13. Another set of dirty words? “Be pretty.”
“Society teaching girls that our bodies, boobs, and butts are more important than our brains leads us to thinking our worth comes from our waistlines,” they explain.
“My aspirations in life should not be worrying about the shape of my ass.”
15. Producer Mike Kon defended the use of the bad language in the clip’s description:
Some adults may be uncomfortable with how these little girls are using a bad word for a good cause. It is shocking what they are saying, but the real shock is that women are still paid less than men for the same work in 2014, not the use of the F-word.