1. The people at FCKH8 have enlisted a few young ladies between the ages of 6 to 13 to get the word out about feminism and inequality between the sexes.
3. The girls are dressed as princesses, but once they open their mouths it’s pretty clear they’re anything but:
“What the fuck? I’m not some pretty fucking helpless princess in distress,” they shout.
5. The girls continue, “What is more offensive? A little girl saying ‘fuck’ or the fucking unequal and sexist way society treats girls and women?”
7. Words like “pay inequality” and “rape and violence” are more offensive than little girls with potty mouths, they say.
9. The girls also mention that sure, it’s great that women can vote, but equality’s next step is “walking to the car without fear.”
“Here’s a hot tip! Stop telling girls how to dress, and start teaching boys not to fucking rape.”
11. In one particularly jarring moment, the girls say that 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted or raped. “Which one of us will it be?” one asks.
13. Another set of dirty words? “Be pretty.”
“Society teaching girls that our bodies, boobs, and butts are more important than our brains leads us to thinking our worth comes from our waistlines,” they explain.
“My aspirations in life should not be worrying about the shape of my ass.”
15. Producer Mike Kon defended the use of the bad language in the clip’s description:
Some adults may be uncomfortable with how these little girls are using a bad word for a good cause. It is shocking what they are saying, but the real shock is that women are still paid less than men for the same work in 2014, not the use of the F-word.
17. The video was made partly to benefit FCKH8.com’s T-shirt fund-raiser, with $5 of each $15 shirt going toward five anti-sexism organizations and projects.
19. At the end of the video, two women show up to talk about the project: “Instead of cleaning these girls’ mouths out with soap, maybe society should clean up its act.”
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸