2. In a commercial that debuted Monday, Honey Maid’s new “This Is Wholesome” ad spotlights a varied array of families, including two mixed-race families, a single dad, a tattooed punk rock family, and two gay couples.
4. The people in the spot for the 90-year-old brand are not actors, but real families.
6. “We recognize change is happening every day, from the way in which a family looks today to how a family interacts to the way it is portrayed in media,” marketing director Gary Osifchin said in a statement.
He added, “This is a recognition that the family dynamic in America is evolving and has evolved. We’ve evolved too.”
8. The ad comes nearly a year after Cheerios found success in controversy when their ad featuring an interracial family ignited plenty of internet vitriol.
10. In individual documentaries on the families, the gay parents are again highlighted, along with the military family and the single dad.
11. “No matter how things change, what makes us wholesome never will,” the ad’s narrator says.
- President Donald Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- North Carolina lawmakers say they have reached an agreement to repeal the controversial bathroom law HB2.
- People in northwest and southwest Cameroon have had no access to the internet for 74 days— at all.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year 😱