1. Somewhere in that pile of trash is Miley, a stray husky that badly needed to be rescued.
2. Workers for animal rescue organization Hope for Paws found Miley close to death in Los Angeles on Nov. 15.
5. “She was very lucky we rescued her when we did, because her condition would have continued to deteriorate until she would have died a miserable and painful death,” he said.
6. Hagar said the pup’s condition was some of the worst he had ever seen. He knew he had to get her to a hospital.
7. According to a YouTube video of her rescue, Miley suffered from mange, parasites, bacterial infections, and malnutrition. She needed medicated baths and antibiotics for her many wounds.
“She was in so much pain,” Hagar said.
8. But slowly, Hagar started to gain Miley’s trust.
Their first kiss!
9. Miley also made friends with another rescue dog, Frankie, a chihuahua who was found after almost drowning in a sewer tunnel.
“Miley took Frankie under her wing and they quickly became really good friends,” Hagar said.
10. After a lot of love, Miley is almost fully healed and ready to go to a loving home.
11. Watch Miley’s inspiring story here.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳