1. A deck at an inn near tourist destination Myrtle Beach, S.C., collapsed when over twenty-five people tried to take a selfie in front of a rainbow that appeared after a thunderstorm.
3. Thirteen people at the oceanfront inn on Pawleys Island were injured when the deck “buckled like a trap door” while the visitors were trying to snap a picture with this rainbow.
5. “It was pretty horrific,” witness Rich Regan told ABC News. “Wood and splinters and nails and a lot of blood and people screaming.”
7. Those taken to the hospital had “mid-torso injuries” like broken ribs, said Pawleys Island Police Chief Michael Fanning. “All the others had broken bones, contusions, sprains, that kind of thing.”
9. Ten ambulances, six fire trucks, various police, and a helicopter all arrived at the scene. The 13 people were treated for non-life threatening injuries, and five declined medical assistance.
11. Investigators are working to determine the exact cause of the collapse.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists says they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- A Texas girl celebrated her 6th birthday with an absolutely amazing Selena-themed party 🎤🌹