1. Lilly and Leon Mackie had accumulated a lot of cardboard boxes (plus a new baby, Orson) after moving from New Zealand to Sydney, Australia.
2. Instead of trashing the boxes, they decided to use them for Cardboard Box Office, where they re-create famous movies scenes in the cutest way possible: starring Orson, of course.
5. Lilly told BuzzFeed the first picture they shot was “The Life Domestic,” aka The Life Aquatic, and people instantly wanted more. “We wanted to depict our messy and sleep-deprived new life of raising a baby,” she said.
6. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
7. Star Wars
9. Whoever isn’t in the photo will shoot it, and they’ll use a timer if all three are in it, which Lilly said can prove to be a challenge.
“For Apollo 13, Leon had to set the five-second timer, run around the cardboard space capsule, grab my legs, and pull me into a headstand position, before quickly getting himself into position,” she said. “We had to do this about six or seven times. … We’re avoiding any more space ones for the time being.”
10. Apollo 13
11. Die Hard
12. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
13. The Dark Knight
14. As for their dream movies, Lilly said she wants to do anything John Hughes, adding, “Leon’s trying to find a way to sugarcoat a Scorsese flick. I think it’s Goodfellas.”
15. Home Alone
16. Jurassic Park
17. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
18. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎