1. UPDATED — Aug. 18, 9:18 a.m. ET:
2. Guardians of the Galaxy star and talented hair-braider Chris Pratt got around to jumping on the Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon and filmed his own short clip.
6. Gloriously drenched, Pratt challenges co-stars Gregory Smith, Nick Offerman, and Dave Bautista, so the next few days could be pretty entertaining.
Side note to any haters: It may seem pointless, but all of the awareness for ALS because of the Ice Bucket Challenge led to the ALS Association raising $13.3 million so far, compared to $1.7 million during the same time period (July 29 to Aug. 17) a year ago.
7. UPDATE: Nick Offerman accepted Chris Pratt’s challenge.
This post previously misidentified the vodka bottle as Blue Sky vodka. It is actually Blue Ice, which is much more appropriate.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳