2. Ashlee decided to build a sandbox above the Lake City, Fla. grave, where her 3-year-old son could still play with his brother.
The 24-year-old mom told People she originally conceived a gravesite with glass pebbles, but then wanted to give her older son, Tucker, his own place to mourn.
4. Ryan Jolley lived just five days, dying from Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephlepathy, which occurs from a lack of blood flow to the brain.
The words on his headstone are from a book she said she would read to Ryan in the NICU: “You are my angel, my darling, my star and my love will find you, wherever you are.”
8. Ashlee is now trying to use the attention to raise money for her charity, Pages to Memories, which aims to raise money for HIE research.
“I wanted to help. I wanted other people, because I know it wasn’t just me, to have someone to talk to…to have a place they could depend on,” Hammac explained. “And I wanted to feel like Ryan was helping still, because in those five days he changed our family so much.”
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.
- Facebook will start globally rolling out three features today on iOS and Android that strongly resemble Snapchat. They're called Camera, Direct, and Stories.