1. The entire point of Thanksgiving is stuffing your face.
2. There are so many foods on the table that everyone's bound to find something they love.
3. You're allowed to put bacon in every food.
4. Same goes for bourbon.
5. It's one of the few days a year that your parents can't complain about you drinking to wild excess.
6. It's a secular holiday, so everyone can celebrate it with equal enthusiasm.
7. There's a huge frickin' bird involved. Look at this thing:
8. But the "side" dishes get all the real glory, as they should.
9. The cooking is actually way easier than you think. No one will care if it isn't fancy.
10. Only on Thanksgiving is eating 17 pieces of pie a reasonable thing to do.
Obviously that's not going to stop true enthusiasts from pie bingeing on other days, but it's nice when no one gives you side-eye.