When you’re just one single recipe riding the unending tide of nifty / trendy / cutesy / yummy food content that turns up on Pinterest, it takes a certain je ne sais quoi to rise to the top of the heap (although if the quoi is buffalo chicken, you’re a shoo-in).
Here are the recipe pins that triumphed this year, according to Pinterest’s Top Pins of 2013 roundup, along with our (highly unscientific) analysis of why.
12. Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: The most magical words in the Pinglish language are “two ingredient.”
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Believing you can ride a bicycle in a maxi skirt and high heels.
Get the recipe at Two Peas And Their Pod.
20. Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash Boats with Grilled Chicken
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: Spaghetti squash, chicken, cheese, thing-inside-a-thing: THIS RECIPE HAS IT ALL.
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Crocheting booties for your pet hedgehog.
Get the recipe at Skinny Taste.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.