When you’re just one single recipe riding the unending tide of nifty / trendy / cutesy / yummy food content that turns up on Pinterest, it takes a certain je ne sais quoi to rise to the top of the heap (although if the quoi is buffalo chicken, you’re a shoo-in).
Here are the recipe pins that triumphed this year, according to Pinterest’s Top Pins of 2013 roundup, along with our (highly unscientific) analysis of why.
12. Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: The most magical words in the Pinglish language are “two ingredient.”
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Believing you can ride a bicycle in a maxi skirt and high heels.
Get the recipe at Two Peas And Their Pod.
20. Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash Boats with Grilled Chicken
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: Spaghetti squash, chicken, cheese, thing-inside-a-thing: THIS RECIPE HAS IT ALL.
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Crocheting booties for your pet hedgehog.
Get the recipe at Skinny Taste.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲