1. Let’s be clear: There is absolutely nothing wrong with your traditional, all-American pig in a blanket.
NOTHING wrong. Less than nothing wrong. Look at those little wrinkly-faced franks, snuggled up in their golden pastry comforters! How could they possibly be better? Get the classic recipe here.
BUT! But. That’s not to say that P.I.A.B., like most of the perfect snacks known to mankind, can’t benefit from some judicious experimentation.
For instance: Switch up the in-blanket fillings…
…or be bold with the above-blanket toppings…
The blanket is not sacrosanct. Crescent roll dough is traditional, but there are so many other viable options.
Needless to say, your dip options can and should go far beyond ketchup and mustard.
Even the central pig itself is worth tinkering with.
P.I.A.B. should be enjoyed at any and all times of day, not just during cocktail hour.
And, heresy though it may seem, consider providing alternative blanket snacks for those who prefer to skip the pig part.
There is one — and only one — absolute rule of blanket snacks.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀