Pizza Compass is a new iPhone app that does one very important thing: Finds the pizza closest to you and points you toward it.
All you need to do is open the app and walk in the direction the spinning compass/slice points. You can rotate the slice to get the closest place in any direction, swipe to find more options if you’re not sold, and tap to see a map, photos or more info about a particular pizza place (intel sourced from Foursquare).
I will gladly (gleefully, even!) pay 99 cents for this app, because it understands a few Key Truths of Human Nature:
3. I will buy anything a weird dude in a suit holding a piece of pizza tells me to.
According to Gizmodo’s sleuthing, the dude in Pizza Compass’s hilarious promo video is a random Craigslist-sourced actor name Gary Ray. Gary, I salute you.
Heartfelt thanks to Icky Ricky for bringing this to our attention.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.