21 Cooking Tips That Will Change Your Life
And save you lots of time. Time that you can spend eating!
1. Use two bowls to cut corn off the cob without getting kernels everywhere.
2. Instantly core a head of iceberg lettuce by slamming it down on a cutting board.
3. Pre-soak pasta and it will cook in about 60 seconds.
4. Use a sharp knife (CAREFULLY) to pit an avocado.
5. Slice avocadoes right in the skin to make neat cubes.
6. Put a dish towel or damp paper towel under your cutting board to keep it from slipping and wobbling.
7. Use a spoon to peel a kiwi from the inside out.
8. Grate frozen butter straight into pastry dough for fast, even distribution.
This is great for pie, biscuits, and anything else where you want to incorporate butter quickly while it's still cold.
9. Hold cherry tomatoes between two plastic lids to slice them all at once.
10. Caramelize onions in half the time by adding a little baking soda.
11. Microwave an ear of corn and it'll fall right out of the husk.
12. Grate ginger with a microplane instead of mincing it.
13. Coat your cheese grater with nonstick spray for delightfully clean, easy shredding.
14. Microwave lemons and limes to get more juice out.
15. Peel a whole head of garlic by shaking it really hard.
16. Use an apple slicer to quickly cut potatoes into perfect wedges.
17. No need to peel potatoes before boiling them; the skin will just slide off once they're cooked.
18. Freeze meat to make it easier to slice for stir-fries and stews.
19. Pit cherries with a paper clip.
20. Whip cream by shaking it in a mason jar.
21. Peel lots of boiled eggs at once by shaking them around in the pot.
The shells will get broken up and then slip right off when you rinse them. You can also try shaking the eggs in a closed Tupperware container.