3. Spinach Pasta Casserole with Pesto
Just skip the optional chicken to make this a veg-friendly weeknight dinner. You can prep everything (spinach, pasta, and pesto sauce) beforehand and pop it in the oven when you get home. Get the recipe at The Kitchn.
6. Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole
It doesn’t take long to remake the semi-homemade version from scratch, and it tastes better (honest). A quick cornstarch-and-milk sauce with mushrooms subs in for canned soup; rice flour makes the fried onion topping (best part, obviously) gluten-free. Get the recipe at Serious Eats.
14. (Vegan) Creamy Corn Casserole
Don’t stress even a little bit if you have to switch frozen corn for fresh; it’ll still be yummy. If you’re not worried about keeping vegan, feel free to use regular old cow-based milk, yogurt, and cheese. Get the recipe at Homemade Levity.
15. Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts & Fontina Cheese
Don’t worry about cooking and peeling chestnuts unless you have extreme amounts of free time; the jarred kind will be just as good once you cover them in cheese. This makes a very nice Thanksgiving side, by the way, if you’re already planning the big T-Day feast. Get the recipe at Bon Appétit.
16. Tomato, Broccoli, Chickpea & Mozzarella Casserole
This is sort of like a cheater’s version of lasagna made with bow ties, or any kind of pasta shape you like that’s built sturdily enough to support three kinds of cheese. Yes, that’s right, three kinds of cheese. Get the recipe at The Kitchn.
- Mike Pence says the next attorney general will decide whether federal charges against Michael Slager, who shot an unarmed black man, will remain.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶