Love them or hate them, wedding registries aren't going anywhere any time soon.
And for every wedding guest who can't stand them, there's a wedding guest who finds them incredibly useful. Meanwhile, a lot of couples stress about exactly which items to put on their registry (so many OPTIONS in the toaster aisle!), and everyone — couples and guests — wants to feel like the whole wedding gift process is actually worthwhile.
So I asked the editors at The Sweethome for their expert opinions on exactly what you should put on your wedding registry.
The Sweethome is a website where deep-dive research nerds and product testers put hundreds of hours of research and testing into finding home essentials that will truly last a lifetime. And the editors at BuzzFeed Life are huge fans of what they do.
1. Sterilite Stacking Laundry Basket — $9.99
2. OXO Good Grips Smooth Masher — $12.99
3. Nordic Ware Naturals Baker’s Half Sheet — $15.15
4. Pottery Barn Hydrocotton Bath Towels — $25
5. OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner — $29.99
6. HIC Porcelain Lasagna Pan — $30
7. Cuisipro Surface Glide Four-Sided Box Grater — $33
8. Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Set 'n Forget — $49.85
9. SodaStream Jet — $70
10. Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender — $100
11. Cuisinart CPK-17 — $100
12. Victorinox Rosewood Straight Edge Steak Knife Set — $118
13. All-Clad 12-Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan — $120
14. MAC MTH-80 8-Inch Chef’s Knife With Dimples — $145
15. Cuisinart Custom 14-Cup Food Processor — $179
16. Bonavita 1900TS Coffemaker — $190
17. Oster Versa 1400-Watt Professional Performance Blender With Short Jar — $196
18. Travelpro Platinum Magna 22-Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter — $217
19. Breville Smart Oven — $250
20. Le Creuset 5½-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven — $280
We spent 50 hours investigating and testing the six top-rated models, cooking rice, braising stew, and caramelizing onions, and for a wedding registry, we'd ask for the upgrade pick, Le Creuset's Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5½-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven. It is the absolute best Dutch oven (with a big price tag to match). With its lifetime warranty, you may even be able to pass it on to your children. Five and a half quarts is the right size for most couples — big enough for 2–4 servings but not so heavy you can't hand-wash it in the sink. (And if $280 is a nonstarter, the $75 6-Quart Lodge Color Enamel Dutch Oven is a great option.)
21. L.L. Bean Baffle-Box Stitch Down Comforter — $319
This list was compiled for BuzzFeed Life by The Sweethome, a list of the best gear for your home, and a website that BuzzFeed Life's editors love and read regularly.