21 Wedding Registry Items That Are Totally Worth It
Tried and true products that will make your married home even happier.
Love them or hate them, wedding registries aren't going anywhere any time soon.
And for every wedding guest who can't stand them, there's a wedding guest who finds them incredibly useful. Meanwhile, a lot of couples stress about exactly which items to put on their registry (so many OPTIONS in the toaster aisle!), and everyone — couples and guests — wants to feel like the whole wedding gift process is actually worthwhile.
So I asked the editors at The Sweethome for their expert opinions on exactly what you should put on your wedding registry.
The Sweethome is a website where deep-dive research nerds and product testers put hundreds of hours of research and testing into finding home essentials that will truly last a lifetime. And the editors at BuzzFeed Life are huge fans of what they do.
Now here's Ganda Suthivarakom, executive editor of The Sweethome, with their recommendations:
1. Sterilite Stacking Laundry Basket — $9.99
2. OXO Good Grips Smooth Masher — $12.99
3. Nordic Ware Naturals Baker’s Half Sheet — $15.15
4. Pottery Barn Hydrocotton Bath Towels — $25
5. OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner — $29.99
6. HIC Porcelain Lasagna Pan — $30
7. Cuisipro Surface Glide Four-Sided Box Grater — $33
8. Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Set 'n Forget — $49.85
9. SodaStream Jet — $70
10. Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender — $100
11. Cuisinart CPK-17 — $100
12. Victorinox Rosewood Straight Edge Steak Knife Set — $118
13. All-Clad 12-Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan — $120
14. MAC MTH-80 8-Inch Chef’s Knife With Dimples — $145
15. Cuisinart Custom 14-Cup Food Processor — $179
16. Bonavita 1900TS Coffemaker — $190
17. Oster Versa 1400-Watt Professional Performance Blender With Short Jar — $196
18. Travelpro Platinum Magna 22-Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter — $217
19. Breville Smart Oven — $250
20. Le Creuset 5½-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven — $280
We spent 50 hours investigating and testing the six top-rated models, cooking rice, braising stew, and caramelizing onions, and for a wedding registry, we'd ask for the upgrade pick, Le Creuset's Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5½-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven. It is the absolute best Dutch oven (with a big price tag to match). With its lifetime warranty, you may even be able to pass it on to your children. Five and a half quarts is the right size for most couples — big enough for 2–4 servings but not so heavy you can't hand-wash it in the sink. (And if $280 is a nonstarter, the $75 6-Quart Lodge Color Enamel Dutch Oven is a great option.)
21. L.L. Bean Baffle-Box Stitch Down Comforter — $319
This list was compiled for BuzzFeed Life by The Sweethome, a list of the best gear for your home, and a website that BuzzFeed Life's editors love and read regularly.