These Banana "Ice Cream" Bites Are A Healthier Option To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Eat one...(or ten). Hey, they're mostly fruit!
Banana "Ice Cream" Bites
Watch the recipe video here:
1 vanilla bean pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 cups dark chocolate
¼ cup coconut oil
¾ cup crispy rice cereal
1. Cut the bananas into slices and place into a freezer safe bag. Freeze until solid.
2. In a food processor or blender, add frozen bananas, vanilla bean or vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Evenly distribute the banana mixture into the baking dish.
4. Freeze for at least two hours.
5. Before taking out the ice cream, add dark chocolate and coconut oil into a bowl. Microwave for 1 ½ minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds, until fully melted.
6. Let the chocolate mixture cool completely then add crispy rice cereal. Mix well.
7. Lift the parchment paper out of the baking dish to remove the ice cream.
8. Cut the ice cream block into ½-inch (12.7-millimeter) cubes.
9. Dip bites into chocolate mixture until evenly coated.
10. Place bites on a baking tray and freeze.
11. Let the bites thaw 5-7 minutes before eating.