30 Skincare Products Under $20 That'll Upgrade Your Routine
You'll feel super luxe without spending tons of money.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask reduces the appearance of acne while keeping excess sebum at bay — a double win!
2. Rael Microcrystal Spot Covers zap early stage zits before they hit the surface. The microcrystals in the patch will penetrate deep below your skin's surface to deliver a whole slew of ingredients — like white willow bark extract (to soothe), totarol (to fight bacteria), and hyaluronic acid (to hydrate) — to ensure the zit vanishes before it comes up to say hello.
3. The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum leaves your skin plumper and smoother. Hyaluronic acid — its main ingredient — can hold 1,000 its weight in water so it'll penetrate deep into the skin with ~lots~ of hydration.
4. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser helps remove dirt and makeup from your face without leaving your skin dry like other cleansers.
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion zaps away your blemishes while your catching some much-needed ZZZs. Dab a little of this on, hit the hay, and wake up with a vanished zit. It'll give the same results as getting your zit extracted in a facial, so it's truly a *major* routine upgrade.
6. Glossier Milky Oil removes waterproof makeup without irritating your skin — a rarity, I know. Within the squeezable bottle lies a conditioning formula of comfrey root extract, micellar water, and pro-vitamin B5 to ensure ~all~ the makeup is gone — sans a red, puffy face or eyes.
7. Differen Acne Spot Treatment Gel works when your other gentle acne treatments just aren’t cutting it. This one — with its efficacious formula made of Adapalene (an ingredient similar to retinoid that's suitable for everyday use) — will eliminate stubborn acne, halt breakouts in their track, and prevent new acne from returning to your cheeks, chin, and forehead.
8. Peace Out Skincare Acne Healing Dots combine hydrocolloid technology with an anti-acne ingredient to help breakouts evaporate overnight. Pop one of these on before bed and bam — bye, bye zit!
9. Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber™ Mask with Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid helps to create ~ultimate~ spa night at home. The mask contains two parts — an ampoule and a rubber mask — that you'll use by applying the ampoule to the skin and then the rubber mask on top. Together the two provide benefits such as increased hydration (due to the hyaluronic acid) and moisture (due to the kelp extract).
10. Bliss Jelly Glow Peel exfoliates with pineapple and papaya enzymes to gently buff away dead skin to prevent dullness.
11. The INKEY List Oat Cleansing Balm dissolves makeup and excess oil without stripping the skin of ~any~ moisture. And, its main ingredient oat, supports the skin's moisture barrier, helps reduce redness, and soothes any irritation so it makes the perfect gentle cleanser.
12. Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum helps with sun damage, prevents pesky breakouts, and restores hydration.
13. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patches shrink zits overnight which is actually a necessity, especially with MASKNE. You'll wake up with your zit visibly shrunken in size and less inflamed — I can personally attest to this.
14. The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA serum leaves your skin smoother and healthier looking due to its main ingredient, lactic acid. With usage, it'll reduce uneven skin tone, dullness, and more.
15. Bióre Pore Strips remove blackheads, dirt, and other gunk from clogging your pores. By using their patented C-bond technology, the strips are able to lift the pore plug instead of just the surface level gunk — aka it really gets a deep clean.
16. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Balm combines shea butter and glycerin to soothe irritated skin in a snap. The multi-purpose balm is suitable for the face, body, lips, and hands, and, according to reviewers, doesn't cause breakouts.
17. Versed Brightening, Tightening Mask works to tone, brighten, and tighten your complexion thanks to two superstar ingredients: turmeric and red kaolin clay. Also, did I mention this mask is under $10 and has squeezable packaging that doesn't require any scooping? BRB, adding to cart ASAP.
18. Aveeno Facial Wipes fit anywhere to remove makeup on-the-go. They'll nourish your skin and swipe off everything in a flash — no harsh scrubbing required.
19. e.l.f Cosmetics Holy Hydration! Eye Cream provides your dark circles (from many, many nights staying up late watching Netflix) with a dose of instant hydration with peptides and hyaluronic acid. Luxe eye creams usually cost ~way~ more, so finding an incredible one like this for $10 is an instant add to cart moment.
20. Eucerin Redness Relief Night Creme soothes your complexion overnight, so you can wake up to smooth, healthy glowing skin. The reason it soothes so brilliantly? It's superstar ingredient, licorice root extract.
21. Nooni Marshmallow Whip Maker makes using ~any~ cleanser into a luxurious experience. Just put a pearl-sized amount of your favorite cleanser and a bit of water inside and pump up and down to create the foam.
22. Versed Cleansing Balm removes alllll your makeup — including waterproof— magically with just a few quick swipes — no harsh rubbing required.
23. Bliss Pumpkin Enzyme Resurfacing Mask allows you to gain AHA and BHA level results without the irritation it causes those of us (aka me!) with sensitive skin. Its inclusion of pumpkin enzymes gently eat away at dead skin cells to leave you with a beautifully brightening complexion.
24. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water helps remove your makeup with little to no effort. Just one swipe on a cotton pad is all you need!
25. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser melts even the most stubborn of makeup, oil, or gunk off of your face. Just add a few pumps to wet skin, insert a little mini facial massage, rinse, and that's it!
26. Pan Oxyl Acne Foaming Wash kills acne-causing bacteria while it lifts dirt (and other debris) from your pores due to its formula made of benzoyl peroxide. It’ll revitalize your skin *and* prevent future breakouts and blemishes.
27. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream soothes and tackles redness, and irritated, dry, cracked skin with an ultra creamy, fragrance-free formula. Yes, this is basically the holy grail of moisturizers.
28. Mediheal Intensive Hydrating Mask promises luxury spa results — without spending the big bucks. Infused with hyaluronic acid, amino acids, and water-binding sugars, this cotton liner mask delivers dewy and refreshed skin in just 15 minutes.
29. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Surface Patches treat cluster breakouts — i.e those pesky breakouts on your chin — with a medical-grade hydrocolloid formula. Just peel, stick, and wait for results to happen!
30. Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Mineral Sunscreen with SPF 50 ensures your skin will be protected on your many, many beach days this summer. It's the little luxuries, ya know?
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.