1. On Qaddafi:
“Out there, they don’t know that Qaddafi was our brother.” He dismissed claims of Qaddafi’s brutality. “People say ‘Didn’t he kill all those people?’ I say, ‘I don’t know anything. The man was a freedom fighter.” He gestured to a poster of a young Qaddafi. “Can you imagine what this man had to go through?”… He asked them to chant “Long live Muammar Qaddafi,”
November 2011: at Sistas’ Place on Nostrand Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant, remembering Muammar el-Qaddafi.
2. On Israel:
“We are sick and tired of this country supporting dictators, supporting terrorists and then saying they have a homeland security office to stop terrorism. Well you want to stop terrorism? The biggest terrorist in the world is the government of Israel.”
June 1, 2010, New York City: at a rally outside of the Israeli Consulate
3. On Jewish origins:
“I am tired every time you criticize Israel, you are anti-Semitic. Well technically my pastor taught me about the Semitic people, the Semites are black.”
June 17, 2010: an event at House of the Lord Church in Brooklyn
4. On the gay rights movement:
“I don’t consider it a civil-rights issue of our time. Comparing it to our struggle when we were stolen from Africa, enslaved, murdered, raped, hung, lynched. I’m not even going to give it the same breath as our movement in this country.”
November 2011: In an interview with Azi Paybarah.
“I believe simply in an institution of marriage between a man and a woman. My wife and I believe that. We support every other thing regarding gay rights and we support everything but the marriage thing. We don’t want to have people impose their values or beliefs on us and we’re not imposing ours on you.”
November 2011: on a cell phone from a rally in Manhattan against CUNY tuition hikes
6. And on race:
Barron:“Louis Farrakhan is not a racist. I support Farrakhan…”
Farrakhan: “White people are potential humans…they haven’t evolved yet.”
Farrakhan: “I call them the so-called Jews because to be a Jew you have to adhere to the statutes and laws that create the special relationship. How can you be a Jew and promote homosexual marriage?”
During a 1999 appearance on Hannity and Colmes
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Arkansas carried out the first of two executions set for Monday, making way for the state to become the first in 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔