1. “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Acoustic)” - 2007
Originally featured on the soundtrack of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, this acoustic track showcases Amy’s hefty, but gentle vocal range. The track was originally written by Carole King and recorded by the Shirelles, but Amy gives it an edge, stripping it down to a bare, vulnerably soulful track.
2. “Hey Little Rich Girl (feat. Zalon & Ade)” - 2008
This track, a re-imagined doo-wop cover of the Specials’ 1980 ska hit, is home to a playful side of Amy that didn’t come out to play enough. Stay tuned for the chorus, where one of her backup singers hits a falsetto note that would put even Marvin Gaye to shame.
3. “Cupid” - 2008
Amy had a major appreciation for the love song. And although her original songs about love were majorly grim, she covered old pop songs like a pro. In this track she takes on Sam Cooke’s “Cupid,” and does a worthy, flirtier job.
4. “Teach Me (Hootenanny)” - 2005
This video captures Amy lighting up one of her first television performances early in her career. Her versatility is astounding: capturing the soul and subtlety of Dinah Washington’s “Teach Me” at the age of 22 is a unique challenge that Amy conquers gracefully.
5. “Someone to Watch Over Me” - 2008
This cover is possibly Amy’s most shocking. George Gershwin’s 1926 standard “Someone to Watch Over Me” has been performed countless times in the jazz community over the past century, but Amy makes it sound brand new.
6. “Our Day Will Come” - 2011
“Our Day Will Come” is a short ballad in which Amy dreams of a simple future with the person she loves: “our day will come, and we’ll have everything.” Although Amy passed away at an early age, she seems to have felt a strong love while still alive. She ends one of her final ballads looking optimistically into the future, singing “our dreams are magic because we’ll always stay in love this way, our day will come.”
7. Bonus: “Valerie” — 2007, Live on “the DL”
Perhaps her greatest cover. RIP Amy.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍