1. Play games with your dog that will stimulate their mind.
2. Give your dog a food puzzle so they have to work for their food.
3. Brush your dog’s teeth at least a few times a week to prevent toothache and gum disease.
4. Easily expose your dog to new scents by switching up where you take them for a walk.
5. Give your dog something to do when you leave the house to prevent separation anxiety.
6. Get into the habit of taking your dog to the vet regularly.
7. Dry your dog’s ears thoroughly after they’ve been in water.
8. Give high-energy dogs a dedicated area to practice digging regularly.
Good oral health care is vital to keeping your furry loved one happy and healthy. Purina® DentaLife® are currently offering a free sample of their dental sticks, which are scientifically proven to help reduce tartar build-up in dogs, for healthier teeth and gums.
Illustrations © Ben Armson / BuzzFeed