On November 3, Purina hosted their annual Better With Pets summit in Brooklyn, New York.
BuzzFeed had the opportunity to talk to five of their on-staff pet behavior experts about all the weird, cute, and confusing things our cats do:
• Gerardo Pérez, Manager — Global Pet Welfare and Behavior
• Francois Martin, Leader — Behavior Section
• Sandra Lyn, Senior Product Development Scientist
• Gail Czarnecki, Senior Research Nutritionist
• Ragen McGowan, Senior Scientist
Here are their answers:
1. Why does my cat knock things off of the counter?
2. Why does my cat knead me? Are they tenderizing me to eat later?
3. Why does my cat go crazy at certain times?
4. What’s with the dance my cat does in the litter box?
5. What are good ways to introduce a cat to a new environment?
6. What are signs your cat is stressed or unhappy?
7. Why does my cat display his belly but attack when I pet him/her?
8. Why does my cat knock over their water bowl?
9. Do cats know we’re leaving when they see the suitcase?
10. Why does my cat follow me into the bathroom?
11. Why does my cat insist on getting stuck in the highest of places?
Life is better with pets, and knowing how to understand your cat makes everyone’s life better. Make your cat healthy and happy with Purina Cat Food.
All illustrations by Lyla Ribot / © BuzzFeed