Western Breakfast Enchiladas
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup diced bell peppers, any color
½ cup diced onion
8 ounces diced ham steak
8 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded cheese, divided (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or blend)
8-10 corn tortillas
2½ cups red enchilada sauce
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉/190℃.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the peppers, onion, and ham steak. Add salt and pepper to taste, and sauté 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour the eggs over the ham and vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are soft scrambled. Fold in 1 cup of cheese, reserve the rest.
4. Pour a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Dip each corn tortilla in some sauce to soften it, then fill with egg mixture.
5. Pour a layer of sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil, top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 additional minutes.
6. Top with optional garnishes. Enjoy!