Some grouchy people hate the cold (ed. note: ME!). But I’m a bit of an autumn junky and embrace everything about this time of year, especially the food. Apples, cinnamon, and squash are staples, but above all I’m kind of a pumpkin freak. Obviously. And if you think this gourd is just good for delicious loaves, muffins, and pies, just wait until you try it in liquid alcoholic form: a pumpkin pie martini.
I highly recommend making this as soon as possible since it’s really a late September/October/early November thing. (December/Christmastime is for egg nog.)
3 tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie MIx
1 1/2 oz. Amaretto
1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1/3 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup Ice
Cinnamon to garnish
If you happen to find pumpkin pie mix that’s organic, you can pretend like this is a healthy cocktail (pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A regardless). For vodka, I used Skyy Vanilla. And Disaronno Amaretto (is there any other kind?).
I’ll be a total girl about this and just admit that Amaretto is my favorite liqueur. Nutty, rich, sweet, and yes, totally Fall.
1. Place the pumpkin pie mix, amaretto, vodka, and half and half into a martini shaker. Add the ice and shake until well combined.
2. Poor into a martini glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This is a dessert in its own right, but you could also really calorie-out and enjoy it alongside a slice of apple pie, gingernsap cookies, or some other autumnal dessert.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈