1. Foam Letter Ribbon Stamp
This adorable stamped fabric ribbon was created by Meghan from Happiness is Creating. Such a great way to customize a gift for any occasion.
Supplies: sticky foam letters, one sheet of foam, a rubber eraser, an ink pad, 1/8 yard of muslin fabric, scissors, and super glue.
1. Place your stickers on your sheet of foam, spelling out “YAY” or whatever other message you have. (Note: You will need to use all capital letters in order to have your message stamp the correct way.) Next, use your scissors to cut around your letters, making sure you don’t cut through the foam between your letters.
2, Apply super glue to the foam behind your letters. Glue the foam to the eraser. Let the glue dry.
3. Grab your muslin. Take your scissors and make one cut an inch from the edge of your fabric and an inch down. Next, take the two open sides and rip the fabric all the way to the bottom, completely separating the fabric.
4. Make another cut an inch away from the edge you just ripped and an inch down. Once again, rip your fabric tearing it until you have a fabric ribbon. Trim/remove any loose strings.
5. Take your stamp and press it into your ink pad. Press it a few times to make sure you have enough ink on your stamp. Press your stamp onto your fabric, starting at the end. Ink your stamp again and press it onto your fabric an inch away from the “YAY” you just made. Repeat this until your entire ribbon is stamped.
Wrap your package and enjoy!
You can take your wrapping decoration one step further and stamp a blank white card to match. Stamp “YAY” all over the front of your card starting at the top, working your way down.
15. Geometric Scarf
This bright geometric scarf was created by Danielle from Things Dee Loves. Great for the first few cool days of fall.
Materials: white scarf or plain fabric (preferably cotton), fabric paint, a pen, a craft knife, a ruler, bottle caps or lids, foam sheets, and double-sided tape or craft glue.
1. Draw the design for your shapes on the foam sheet using a pen and ruler.
2. Using a craft knife and ruler, cut out each shape and set it aside.
3. Attach each shape to a lid or cap, using double-sided tape or craft glue.
4. Pour some fabric paint into a flat container. It may be necessary to add some water to give the paint a smoother consistency.
5. Lay your fabric onto some plastic bags or sheeting, and get stamping! Whatever pattern or design you like. The one shown features rows of various geometric stamps.
6. Once the paint is dry, you may need to iron the reverse side to set it (check the instructions on the bottle).
PS: The watered-down fabric paint might bleed a little into the fabric, but it’s a nice effect!
24. Lettuce Stamp
Apparently radicchio lettuce can stamp a flower-like pattern.
30. Heart Shirt
Danielle also crafted this stamped top, a colorful way to repurpose an old white shirt.
Supplies: stamps (see above project for how to create them), fabric paint, a plain white tank top or T-shirt, a printed or hand-drawn heart templates, and scissors.
1. Fold the heart template in half, and cut around the edges to create a stencil.
2. Lay your top down on a flat surface, and place some plastic between the two layers (to prevent bleed-through of the fabric paint). A plastic bag or cling-wrap will do.
3. Position the heart stencil on the front of the tank top. You can use cellotape to prevent it from slipping.
4. Use one of your stamps to fill the heart.
5. When you’re done stamping, remove the stencil, and your heart shape will be revealed.
6. Remember to follow the instructions on the bottle to seal the fabric paint once dry.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- Mike Pence says the next attorney general will decide whether or not federal charges against Michael Slager will remain.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards which is fueling violence behind bars.
- Grammy nominations: Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶