Aimee also turned a pair of tights into this adorable wintery headband.
Supplies: a pair of tights (thicker materials works better), scissors, needle and thread.
1. Cut your tights in the middle of each leg so that you have two pieces the size of your head (simply measuring by holding tights around your head like a headband) and a third piece 10cm wide.
2. Start with one of the longer pieces flat on the table. Fold one side into the centre. Fold the other side into the centre too, joining the two in the middle.
3. Slip one side in the other and fold the outside edge in for a neat hem. Hand stitch or machine sew it in place. Don’t worry, tights are difficult to sew in a straight line – you won't be able to see the stitching when it's done.
4. Repeat with other head-sized piece of material so that you have two headbands (you’ll understand why very soon)! Place one headband on top of the other, seams together in the middle.
5. Pinch the top headband and top layer of bottom headband to create your bow. Take your smaller piece of tights, and fold in both edges to make it look neat.
6. Place it on your pinched bow and pull both edges to the back to create the middle of your bow.
7. Stitch together at the back. Stitch through the rest of the bow too, simply making sure you never go through the front layer so that, as suggested above, your sewing is invisible from the front.
Adjust your bow so it's just right, Now wear your pretty headband out into that chilly weather!