Not The Biggest Fan Of Veggies? Even The Pickiest Eater Will Love This Veggie-Packed Green Mac And Cheese
Get your greens in the delicious way!
Green Mac & Cheese
Watch the recipe video here:
4 cups spinach, packed
½ cup parsley
2½ cups milk, divided
5 quarts water
1 tablespoon salt
1 pound macaroni elbows
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounces white cheddar
½ cup mozzarella
1.In a food processor, combine the spinach, parsley, and ½ cup milk, and process until evenly mixed.
2. In a large pot, bring water salt and salt to a boil over high heat. Add the elbows and cook until al dente, roughly 6-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
3. In a large pot, combine the butter and flour on medium-high heat, and stir until the mixture has become golden brown.
4. Add 2 cups milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, and salt to the pot and stir until well incorporated.
5. Add in the cheddar cheese and mix until well incorporated.
6. Add in the spinach mixture and stir until fully incorporated and the green color is consistent.
7. Mix in the pasta and pour into a casserole dish.
Top the macaroni with mozzarella and broil for 5 minutes.
Inspired by the recipes here: