1. Netscape was what all the cool kids used. Only casuals would be caught using Internet Explorer.
2. Encarta was your Wikipedia:
3. And this was your Photoshop:
4. This was how you listened to CDs:
5. And this was for MP3s:
6. This was how you got online:
7. And even though you never really knew what defragging did, you were told it was important, so you did it anyways:
8. This was the choicest background:
9. You could never settle on the best cards for solitaire:
10. Google didn't exist, but there were plenty of precursors:
11. You'll never forget the sounds of ICQ:
12. You committed your first cybercrime using Napster:
13. You never fully grasped the rules of Hearts:
14. And you always quit Minesweeper in frustration as soon as you lost, which was usually the first time you played:
15. The built-in screensavers were THE BEST:
16. You used your "evaluation version" on WinZip to get your files as small as possible so they'd fit on fewer floppy disks:
17. You marveled the first time you saw a hard drive with over 1GB on it. SO MUCH SPACE!
18. Your first gaming addiction was called Chip's Challenge:
19. And at one absurd point in time, you absolutely HAD TO wait for this message before you could turn off your computer:
This post was translated from German.