20 Facts That Will Shatter Your Conception Of The World
Ever wonder what vibrators were actually invented for?
1. Did you know that France and Great Britain have considered uniting as one country on at least two separate occasions?
4. To give you a sense of how much time flies: 1990 is closer to JFK's assassination than it is to today.
5. Because the Eiffel Tower in Paris was such a huge success, London wanted to build one for itself, as well.
This was the final draft.
Parts of the Great Tower were actually constructed. However, the company went bust, and that was the end of the British Eiffel Tower. Today, Wimbledon Stadium is located at this spot.
8. During the Middle Ages, people walked like this — with the ball of their feet touching the ground first, instead of the heel.
9. The international dialing code for Russia is 007. Seriously!
10. Kim Jong-un would be younger than Harry Potter.
12. Here's something morbid to think about: Every year, you unwittingly live through your death anniversary.
14. Beethoven was able to hear his own work by using bone conduction: He'd bite a metal rod that attached to his piano while composing.
16. The vibrator was invented because doctors found the task of giving women orgasms to be quite exhausting.
18. If you were able to drive directly upward, you'd only be a 1-hour drive away from outer space.
20. And finally, yes, your life has been an entire lie: Barcode scanners actually read the white spaces in between the black bars.
For more translated content and BuzzFeed International goodness, subscribe to Inter Webz: our new bi-weekly newsletter bringing you the best of the 'net from around the world.
Note: if you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up.