1. You've received hand-me-downs from your siblings, cousins, parents, and even grandparents.
2. You were always two or three game systems behind the newly released one.
3. If you didn't get free lunch as a kid, you brought the most boring lunch to school.
4. Your friends didn't include you in their after-school plans because they knew you couldn't do the things that involved spending money.
5. You had to get really creative for Show and Tell on the grounds that you didn't have any toys with that special wow factor.
6. You almost never got to talk about the new movie that came out in theaters because your parents didn't want to pay to see a movie they couldn't keep.
7. You know broadcast television all too well, so much so that you memorized your favorite stations program schedule.
8. You know all the antenna positions to get the best reception on an unclear channel (tinfoil, wire hangers, etc...)
9. Naturally, waking up at sunrise helped you discover the value of "me time" during your Saturday morning cartoon installments.
10. You grew up with the burden of having to play board games, until you realized it's actually fun.
11. You still can't grasp the idea that your friends received an allowance for doing their chores.
12. Your toy collection was... limited. To say the least.
13. The trip to McDonald's was euphoric, along with getting that kids meal, which was ecstasy.
14. Playing by yourself was essentially an imagination strength exercise.
15. You knew that your schools extracurricular activities were not to be considered.
16. You had to think about how, when, where, and why you were going to ask your mom or dad if you could go on the class field trip.
17. Even though it was extremely tempting, you knew having a sleepover was out of the question.
18. You know the embarrassment of your parents taking a significant amount of items at various business establishments too well.
19. You never experienced the joy of partaking in the newest trend.
20. You learned a lot of advanced chores than most kids your age.
21. You often romanticized the idea of having your own room.
22. Ultimately, you ended up being intensely close with one another.
23. Because of it all you've grown up to be an awesome well-rounded person!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!