1. TMZ reported that Lil Wayne was in critical condition after a series of seizures allegedly brought on by drinking too much sizzurp on Friday night.
He was first hospitalized on Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures. TMZ reports that “doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system” and say that his stomach has been pumped three times.
2. TMZ removed an early report claiming that Weezy was being read his last rites…
3. …but this tweet from Lil Wayne’s official account claimed that everything was alright.
4. There’s good reason to believe that the tweet was not written by Lil Wayne at the hospital.
@TMZ FYI @Liltunechi tweet did NOT originate from 34.0766385, -118.37954589999998 (the lat/long for Cedars Sinai)— Startup Tech Guy
5. Lil Wayne’s publicist told BuzzFeed that he was “doing well” and “recovering” on Friday night. But that doesn’t mean his condition actually improved.
- President Trump announced a new office for victims of "immigration crime" and honored the widow of a Navy SEAL in his first big speech.
- Authorities said voice-masking technology called "spoofing" was used to call in bomb threats to Jewish centers and schools around the US.
- Twitter will start relying on algorithms to identify and restrict accounts for engaging in "abusive behavior" today.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳