2. He looks kinda like an emaciated Ron Weasley, sure, but listen to him sing. Here he is performing his song “Portrait in Black and Blue.”
3. It’s sorta amazing to see someone so young sound so rugged and weathered, like a more thuggish version of Joe Strummer from The Clash. Here he is performing “The Noose of Jah City” at the Pitchfork festival in Chicago last summer.
4. His songwriting and guitar playing is ridiculously mature too, channeling elements of new wave, jazz, dub, reggae, and hip-hop. Here’s the A-side of his most recent single, “Rock Bottom.”
5. Marshall made his debut back in 2010 with this video for his song “Out Getting Ribs.” Back then, he was called Zoo Kid. The video went viral, mainly because people could barely believe this gawky kid could sing like THAT.
6. Marshall has only released a handful of songs to date. He’s featured on two songs on the British electronic duo Mount Kimbie’s new album. Here’s one of those songs, “You Took Your Time.” You can hear a lot of rap and dub reggae influence on this one.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we'll be covering the entire ceremony live.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.