1. Sublime with Rome
The surviving members of Sublime have been touring with singer Rome Ramirez since 2009. The estate of original singer and songwriter Bradley Nowell have blocked the group from performing as Sublime, hence the name “Sublime with Rome.” Ramirez does a pretty decent job filling in, but it’s still a weird situation.
2. Blues Traveler
John Popper has been adding a lengthy harmonica song to “What I Got” at nearly every Blues Traveler gig over the past few years.
3. Brett Michaels
For some reason, every cover of “What I Got” has the singer going out of their way to avoid singing the swear words. Ex-Poison singer Michaels opts for “mother-trucking” in his version.
Wait for it, they do it after they finish with “Alive.”
5. Uncle Kracker
There’s a good chance that many of the people who go to see Uncle Kracker at bars and county fairs aren’t aware that “What I Got” isn’t a Kracker original.
6. Michael Franti and Spearhead with Gift of Gab
Blackalicious rapper Gift of Gab works very hard to put his own spin on this song, but it may have been a wasted effort.
7. The Beatles
McCartney couldn’t even get the words right!
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏