2. You might recognize the monologue framing device and general vibe from Lana Del Rey’s recent video for “Ride”…
…but never mind that.
3. Taylor Swift dyed her hair pink in order to look “badass” for this video…
4. …just like Alison Mosshart, the genuinely badass singer for The Kills and The Dead Weather.
5. Swift also wore a hat in the video…
6. …which is a big part of Mosshart’s style these days.
7. Seriously, she wears this hat all the time.
8. In fairness, Swift wears it well.
9. It’s not just that. Here’s Taylor Swift wearing some bluish flannel while looking sad.
11. It’s probably not a coincidence. Mosshart is a big style icon on Tumblr, and is really popular among stylists. She has exactly the kind of modern, tough rock-girl image that Swift is trying to emulate in this video.
12. Do you think Taylor Swift listens to The Kills?
She probably should, since they are very, very good.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝