1. Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines”
Fun fact, but when Robin Thicke sings “I know you want it,” he’s talking about how you want to erase this song from existence.
3. Miley Cyrus, “We Can’t Stop”
There was a time when we never wanted Miley Cyrus to stop. That moment has passed.
4. Ylvis, “The Fox”
What does the fox say? “STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP.”
5. Daft Punk, “Get Lucky”
The first hundred or so times were magical. But now the only way to truly “get lucky” is to escape this song forever.
6. Avicii, “Wake Me Up”
Who asked for an EDM Mumford & Sons song? What is wrong with them?
7. Katy Perry, “Roar”
Way to rip off a mediocre song and make it even more mediocre, Katy Perry.
8. Jay Z, “Tom Ford”
Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford
9. Lady Gaga, “Applause”
This is a song that pedantically explains how clapping works.
10. Justin Timberlake, “Mirrors”
We love you, Justin, we really do. But if you go away for another seven years, we’ll be OK as long you don’t come back with more ridiculously long songs.
11. Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX, “I Love It”
This was basically the best song ever until it started appearing in pretty much every ad on TV.
12. Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly, “Cruise (Remix)”
This song seems like it’s trying to browbeat you into becoming one of those awful people who say “I love all music except rap and country.”
13. Lorde, “Royals”
Pretty sure the only song on the radio this year that mentioned Cristal, Maybachs, or tigers on a gold leash was “Royals.” Just saying.
14. Anna Kendrick, “Cups”
It takes a lot to get annoyed with a person as charming as Anna Kendrick, but it can be done.
15. Imagine Dragons, “Radioactive”
Imagine a world without Imagine Dragons.
No particular song, just Macklemore in general.
- 11 U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁