1. Phoenix released “Entertainment,” the first single from their new album “Bankrupt!” today. It’s their first new song since 2009.
2. You can watch the lyric video for the song here. It sounds more or less like what you’d expect, but with maybe a bit more cinematic grandeur than usual.
3. This is a big year for Phoenix. They’re headlining a bunch of festivals including Coachella, which puts some pressure on them to score some more hits on the level of “1901” and “Lisztomania.”
Bankrupt! will come out on April 23. Here’s the track listing for the album:
“The Real Thing”
“S.O.S. In Bel Air”
“Trying To Be Cool”
“Entertainment” will be available as a digital single this week.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.