Mumford & Sons totally smashed Justin Bieber’s record for the best first-week sales of the year last week by moving 600,000 copies of their new record, Babel. That’s great, but they’ve actually achieved a more notable accomplishment: They have six concurrent hits in the Billboard Hot 100, and are the first band to do that since The Beatles pulled it off 48 years ago. Of course, the Mumfords aren’t close to topping the Beatles’ own record – they had 14 concurrent Hot 100 hits the week of April 11th, 1964. Also, none of their songs are in the Top 40 at the moment, and the chart placement is mainly due to huge numbers in a la carte digital purchases.
Anyway, if you were curious, here are all six of Mumford & Sons songs on the Hot 100 right now. None of them are in the Top 40, but this is still pretty amazing.
3. Number 94: “Ghosts That We Knew”
4. Number 92: “Holland Road”
5. Number 86: “Whispers in the Dark”
6. Number 85: “Lover’s Eyes”
7. Number 60: “Babel”
8. Number 57: “I Will Wait”
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝