1. Folk singer Michelle Shocked stunned an audience in San Francisco last night by going off on a homophobic rant.
2. According to fans who attended her gig at Yoshi’s, she launched into a tirade against gays – ending with her telling people ”You can go on Twitter and say ‘Michelle Shocked says God hates fags’” - in her second set.
That was fuck-ing cra-zy! I was tweeting Michelle Shocked’s set onstage (for her). All cool. 2nd set, she got up went full hate speech.— Matt Penfield
Eerie foreshadowing at Michelle Shocked show—before the show she talked about how “people seem like your friends then they turn on you”— Matt Penfield
@TheGuapo Was her rant sincere? Was there no hint of irony whatsoever?— James Hinckley
@JamesHinckley2 Totally sincere. Super anti-gay and hateful.— Matt Penfield
@Murray_Burns @colecoonce @MShocked she said gay marriage would cause the end of the world. She stood on stage and shouted “god hates fags”— anile
@dolface wow, she’s a total bigot and said so on stage. It was unreal. We had to leave. I am so disappointed.— Lisa Hubbert
8. Since the news broke, fans have retaliated by vandalizing the singer’s Wikipedia page.
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀