3. Christies Auction House has been releasing a series of documentary clips about Basquiat’s life, art, and lasting influence. Here’s the first part, about his early days.
4. In this clip, his peers reflect on his process as an artist.
5. And in this new clip, Macklemore explains how Basquiat changed his approach to art, and raps a verse about him from his song “Ten Thousand Hours.”
6. Macklemore isn’t the only musician who has found inspiration in Basquiat’s art. Here’s a chart connecting Basquiat to his influences, and the artists he’s inspired.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as the unlikely go-between for a global elite he wants to understand Trump.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.