3. Christies Auction House has been releasing a series of documentary clips about Basquiat’s life, art, and lasting influence. Here’s the first part, about his early days.
4. In this clip, his peers reflect on his process as an artist.
5. And in this new clip, Macklemore explains how Basquiat changed his approach to art, and raps a verse about him from his song “Ten Thousand Hours.”
6. Macklemore isn’t the only musician who has found inspiration in Basquiat’s art. Here’s a chart connecting Basquiat to his influences, and the artists he’s inspired.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸