3. Christies Auction House has been releasing a series of documentary clips about Basquiat’s life, art, and lasting influence. Here’s the first part, about his early days.
4. In this clip, his peers reflect on his process as an artist.
5. And in this new clip, Macklemore explains how Basquiat changed his approach to art, and raps a verse about him from his song “Ten Thousand Hours.”
6. Macklemore isn’t the only musician who has found inspiration in Basquiat’s art. Here’s a chart connecting Basquiat to his influences, and the artists he’s inspired.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Britney, Beyoncé, and a secret committee: 16 things you never knew about the MTV VMAs (on tonight at 9 ET) 🎵📺