3. Christies Auction House has been releasing a series of documentary clips about Basquiat’s life, art, and lasting influence. Here’s the first part, about his early days.
4. In this clip, his peers reflect on his process as an artist.
5. And in this new clip, Macklemore explains how Basquiat changed his approach to art, and raps a verse about him from his song “Ten Thousand Hours.”
6. Macklemore isn’t the only musician who has found inspiration in Basquiat’s art. Here’s a chart connecting Basquiat to his influences, and the artists he’s inspired.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- The man who damaged Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a sledge hammer was sentenced to three years probation.