1. The Great Gatsby soundtrack is going to be amazing.
Baz Luhrmann’s movies are known for their memorable and imaginative soundtracks – Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge – and his adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic The Great Gatsby is no exception. (You can pre-order it now.) The soundtrack takes some of the biggest names in contemporary pop – Jay-Z, Beyoncé and Andre 3000, Lana Del Rey, Jack White, the xx, Florence + the Machine, Gotye – and merges their modern sound with the brassy style of the Jazz Age, when the story takes place. The set is focused mainly on megastars, but there’s also room for a few less familiar acts like the Scottish singer Emeli Sandé, who teamed up with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra for this big band take on Beyoncé’s smash “Crazy In Love.”
5. “Next to Me”…
6. …”Beneath Your Beautiful” with Labrinth…
7. …and “Read All About It” with Professor Green.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏