1. Lauryn Hill has announced that she will soon release her first album of new material since 2002.
4. Lauryn Hill’s last full album of new material was MTV Unplugged 2.0.
5. The album, which was made up of stories and minimal acoustic originals, was a huge departure from Hill’s previous work and was not well received by fans or critics, though it was certified platinum.
6. Since then, Hill has released only one new song (aside from providing guest vocals on tracks by John Legend and Method Man). “Repercussions” was released as a one-off digital single in 2010.
7. Even if she’s been out of the studio, she’s spent a good amount of time on the road. Here’s a totally fierce reworked version of her hit “Lost Ones” at Coachella in 2011.
8. Hill has been out of the public eye for a long time, so it’s worth remembering that she’s one of the most talented artists of her generation. If you haven’t heard The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill recently, revisit it. It’s a true masterpiece.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀