Fleetwood Mac announced that they will be heading out on a huge world tour in 2013. This should come as no surprise to hard-core fans, though — Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham have been making noise about doing this for a while now. “It’s the perfect time to go back out,” Stevie Nicks told Rolling Stone. “2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.”
So that’s the good news, but it actually gets better. Lindsey says that in addition to playing all their biggest hits, the band will try out some more obscure material. “When you’ve gone through all your must-dos, that’s 75% of your potential set list. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored,” says Buckingham. “Maybe we’ll play more songs from Tusk. I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be.”
No. Stop right there, Lindsey. Tusk. Yes. You should play lots and lots of songs from Tusk.
Like, for starters, how about “Walk a Thin Line”?
Or how about “Not That Funny”?
No one would complain if they played “Angel.”
This tour is going to start in April in the United States and may also include some new material written by Buckingham and Nicks. Christine McVie will not be a part of this tour, but that should come as no surprise, since she hasn’t been a member of the band since the late ’90s. The band still performs her biggest hits, though, but with Lindsey and Stevie singing her parts.
Here they are playing her song “Don’t Stop” back in 2009:
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."