1. Earlier tonight, The Flaming Lips sent out a tweet announcing that they’ve broken up, but immediately deleted it. But the tweet remains online thanks to the anguished modified tweets of some of their fans.
NOOOOOOO!!! RT @theflaminglips: We have sad news We’ve broken up…
3. And then they sent out this tweet reminding fans that it’s their 30th anniversary as a band.
The Flaming Lips
That last announcement was a bit premature.
4. False alarm? Weird prank? Sign that the end of the band is nigh?
- It's here. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are facing off now for their first debate and we're covering it live 💥
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."