1. Earlier tonight, The Flaming Lips sent out a tweet announcing that they’ve broken up, but immediately deleted it. But the tweet remains online thanks to the anguished modified tweets of some of their fans.
NOOOOOOO!!! RT @theflaminglips: We have sad news We’ve broken up…
3. And then they sent out this tweet reminding fans that it’s their 30th anniversary as a band.
The Flaming Lips
That last announcement was a bit premature.
4. False alarm? Weird prank? Sign that the end of the band is nigh?
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.