1. You probably know Def Leppard’s song “Pour Some Sugar On Me.” It came out in 1987 but became a major hit in 1988. It’s one of the best and most enduring rock songs of the ’80s.
2. But maybe you didn’t realize that the song PREDICTED OUR FUTURE.
4. In the second line of the song, Joe Elliott sings that he’s “livin’ like a lover with a radar phone.” At the time it was ridiculous, but in retrospect, it was a totally accurate vision of the early 21st century.
7. Also, half of the lyrics are basically sexts.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋