1. First things first, we need to talk about poutine.
2. Poutine goes with many things in Canada, but it's best as a side to the glorious Montreal smoked meat sandwich.
3. And of course, since Montreal's Jewish immigrants have their own spin on pastrami, they have their own distinct style of bagels too.
4. This is peameal bacon, which is basically pork loin pickled in brine then rolled in cornmeal.
5. You definitely need to try a Nanaimo bar, which is one of the most common desserts in Canada.
6. This is bannock, which is basically a type of griddled bread...
7. ...and they're incredibly versatile.
9. ...and here's a bannock burger.
10. This is tourtière, a traditional Quebecois meat pie that's usually made with beef, pork, or veal.
11. Most Americans will never know the greatness of all dressed potato chips.
12. And you might be able to find ketchup chips some places in the U.S., but it's really a Canadian thing.
13. There are also Hickory Sticks, which are unquestionably the best "simulated potato sticks" on the market.
14. No one can top the creative flavors of President's Choice brand potato chips.
Hot dog, feta, and Moroccan spice are just the beginning.