2. Wobble Dubstep Grime Generator
You can make your own customized dubstep with this program, which promises to “make the most crazy, pulsating, and different sounds ever to grace your speaker’s soon to be aching cones.” If you get this on Christmas Day, you might pick it up fast enough to drop the bass on New Year’s Eve. You can buy it for $149.99 from SONiVOX.
7. Handmade Synthesizers
8. Art Prints by Concepcion Studios
Here’s a David Bowie “Ziggy Stardust” design…
…and one for The Beatles…
18. “How Music Works” by David Byrne
David Byrne’s new book is a collection of essays in which he reflects on the history of music, recorded sound, musicians’ relationship with their audience, and the economics of the music industry. It sounds very dry, but Byrne’s wry sense of humor and oddball perspective makes it all very lively. You can buy it for $28 from McSweeney’s.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.