2. Wobble Dubstep Grime Generator
You can make your own customized dubstep with this program, which promises to “make the most crazy, pulsating, and different sounds ever to grace your speaker’s soon to be aching cones.” If you get this on Christmas Day, you might pick it up fast enough to drop the bass on New Year’s Eve. You can buy it for $149.99 from SONiVOX.
7. Handmade Synthesizers
8. Art Prints by Concepcion Studios
Here’s a David Bowie “Ziggy Stardust” design…
…and one for The Beatles…
18. “How Music Works” by David Byrne
David Byrne’s new book is a collection of essays in which he reflects on the history of music, recorded sound, musicians’ relationship with their audience, and the economics of the music industry. It sounds very dry, but Byrne’s wry sense of humor and oddball perspective makes it all very lively. You can buy it for $28 from McSweeney’s.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺